Here are 5 things you might want to know about “NovelWords Cafe”:
- Posts will be about the things that interest me: mostly the craft of writing & my forays into indie publishing.
- There are some outstanding blogs for writers & readers of fiction, & I’ll link to them often. And welcome your suggestions for links.
- You’ll probably like this blog if you read or write fiction & enjoy discussing how ficton works. That includes y’all in writing critique groups &/or book clubs, & people who ever thought about joining a critique group or book club.
- From time to time I’ll post a sentence or paragraph & ask you to improve on it & post your results in my Comments. I promise not to plagiarize anything you send me. I’m so fiercely against stealing intellectual property that I won’t even plagiarize myself.
- What will make NovelWords Cafe different from similar blogs? The Take-away. That’s what prompted me to launch a blog. For several years I’ve been collecting excerpts of writing I’d like to emulate and parsing what I think makes the writing work. The power of this list is that every time I sit down to write or revise, I first open my Take-away file and read one or two examples. That inspires me to do the best work I know how to do. So I’ll post examples and invite your Take-away.
- (I know. Six is one more than five, but my writing rarely goes according to plan.) My name is Leanna Englert. I will self-publish my debut novel, Compromise With Sin in 2017. You’ll hear a lot about it on this blog. I promise.